WEEK 39

 I come in swinging like a HURRICANE (get it? Because umm there’s one heading for me rn hahahahahahhaha 🥲)

This took me 3ish days!!! And it was worth it dude!!! I’ve always had a specific idea for an animation to this song so. Yeah ^_^

I wrote an interpretation of this song a while ago, so I’m gonna post it here…it ties into this a lot I swear

near the end of Gigantic, John L seems (SEEMS) to have a lot of insecurities about his place in the band, and thinks that JF is a much better musician than him. Thankful For Your Service seems to be about having a roommate (JF) who eats your food for you and takes showers for you, ect doing stuff for you. The singer (JL) laments about how he wants to show his love and gratitude, but struggles to do so in the presence of so many friendly strangers (TMBG fans). He obviously respects his roommate a lot, trying to give him as much elbow room as possible. And the one line that stands out to me the most:  “Do you think that I think I'm somehow better than you? Please accept my word That nothing could be further from the truth”  Am I making this song sappy and sad and emo?? Yeah…but yknow? I love this song. It’s beautiful. I hope JL knows how much of an amazing artist he is because I’m gonna be really upset if he doesn’t know that

I haven’t used flopaclip in a while, not the best animation program but it does its job…I think the colors for this are really nice. I didn’t draw JL very good but like it’s okkkkkk

Thanks for another week!! Hopefully this makes up for my absence last Tuesday..!!

Comments

  1. more than makes up for it; this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also wow! i thought it might be a glean track that I wasn't remembering, but I wasn't aware of 27!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 6

WEEK 1

First post!!!